Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Today's the day...
quick update on the medical shiz... went for my MRI a couple of weeks ago. That was tons o fun - not. Met last week with a neuro-opthamologist at the Cincinnati Eye Institute. He confirmed I definitely have inflamed optic nerves and swelling of the brain. I go today for my spinal tap. A little uneasy about the whole thing. Woke up with a headache and belly ache. Not sure if it's physiological or psychological or both, but it sucks. When the hospital staff starts asking you if you have a DNR and living will during the pre-registration process, it tends to make one nervous. The goal for today's procedure is to establish exactly how much pressure is built up in my spinal fluid and to verify the diagnosis is correct. The specialist made it pretty clear that if I am able to lose a lot of weight in a short amount of time the pressure will be relieved signifigantly. The medications I have been on and off of and the huge weight I have gained in a short period of time is contributing to this fun mess of problems. So anyway, I will report back soon with how the lumbar punction goes and what they find... wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment