Monday, August 22, 2011

"Mom, I have to poop!"

Yesterday I went to Kings Island with my co-workers. My boss got free tickets from her Time Warner representative and there were enough that we could all go and bring someone! It was an amazing time. I really do love the people I work with. We rode pretty much everything. I enjoyed the Diamond Back the most. Nothing like soaring up and down in the air at high speeds. It was a beautiful day to be outside. We got hit by 2 pop-up rain showers, but we were able to take cover and wait them out. Anyway, I got home and my body was screaming in pain from all of the walking. I was way sun-burned (which is totally my fault for forgetting the SPF 100 for my delicate albino like skin), and I was suffering from some killer blisters on my heels. Alan and I fed the girls and put them to bed by 8. I decided I needed a hot bath. I only have a stand up shower in my bathroom so I had to use the girls bathtub. This involved bleaching it first. I'm not saying it was THAT dirty, but let's be honest... kids are dirty little creatures and I was not interested in sitting in that tub without first giving it a heavy cleaning. So I gathered up the dora dolls, elmo toys, foam letters, and bath crayons and I got to work. Once it was shiny and sparkly I filled it up with some really hot water and dumped my milk soak in. I settled in, laid my head back, shut my eyes, and was ready for some solid 'me' time. (are you with me moms... this is one of those times we dream of) I had just taken my first deep breathe and was starting to review my schedule for the week when the door opened. In walks my 4.5 year old. First she looks suprised to see me in her bathtub. I am equally as suprised to see her. I ask her what she needs and she responds, "Mom, I have to poop!" I let out a heavy sigh. I politely ask her to use 'mommy's' potty down the hall. She responds, "I don't like that toilet. This is where I poop." So, she did. While taking her poop she wanted to talk about my 'sunburns' and make sure I was ok. She also wanted to let me know I am allowed to take a bath in her bathroom anytime. She reminisced about the time Alan took a bath with her. After a few minutes of conversation, I asked if she was finished. She decided she was and proceeded to give me the play by play on her wiping issues. She likes to use 2 squares to wipe her 'gina and 4 squares on her butt. I thanked her for her good hygeine. She washed her hands while singing the ABC's and ran back to bed. I decided my bath was over. I stood up, took a quick shower and went downstairs. Alan was nice enough to give me a 5 minutes foot massage before I headed up to bed.

I was reminded last night that you can never turn off the "mommy switch." We might try, even for brief moments, but it's always at least on 'dim.' I can wait 18 more years to take a quiet bath, right?

1 comment:

  1. You forgot to tell me this precious gem. Hahahaha. :D I'm so glad you write again.

    ReplyDelete