Thursday, August 18, 2011

Off to a good start...

Today marks day 4 of not eating like a fat ass. As of Monday I have cut my calorie intake nearly in half. Basically, I stopped eating out for breakfast and lunch. I brought a bag of whole grain english muffins to the office for breakfast. I am lucky enough to have a toaster over at my disposal. I toast them extra crispy and drizzle about a 1/2 tablespoon of honey on one side. I stick them together and pretend I am eating a scrumptious, greasy, cheesy egg mcmuffin. So far, I haven't been too pissed about the change. For lunch all week I have treated myself to grilled chicken salads. Just lettuce, grilled chicken, and lite italian dressing. Yummy! (sarcasm) While the rest of my office is enjoying LaRosa's pizza, Wendy's, and skyline I sit in my corner with my rabbit food. But I'm trying to have a positive attitude about all of this... can you tell? For dinner the past 3 nights I have had: The oriental chicken salad from Applebees, a LITE size chicken and provolone sandwhich from Penn Station, and a bowl of Spaghetti with ground turkey meat sauce. I feel like if I only eat about 400 calories for breakfast and lunch I should get a good dinner in. I have cut my soda intake down to 1per day. I have cut back on simple carbs, sugars, and general crap. I need a lifestyle change, not a diet. I still need 3ways, pepperoni pizza, and hot fudge cakes in my life. It is unrealistic and unfair to give them up 100%. I am trying to make better choices and cut back portions.

Soooo, then there's the exercise thing. I'm still pretty screwed when it comes to working out. The rheumatologist has still not cleared me for anything more than light walking and swimming. Since I don't know how to swim nor have a pool at my disposal, that's out. My walking is supposed to be light, not brisk, and for not more than a half mile. How many people do you know that lose 50lbs walking a half mile at a nice leisurely stroll??? RIGHT!? So, I'm sticking with the food thing for now. Hopefully, at my next appointment I will be cleared to at least walk more. I really would like to be able to jog on a treadmill or use an elliptical. Let me re-phrase... Though I would not be entirely thrilled to work-out harder or longer, I find it would greatly improve my chances of achieving my weight loss goals and thus, I am willing to do it.

What I'm asking from you all is what foods you eat that taste good and aren't a billion calories. Keep in mind, I hate tuna, broccoli, anything that involves a "dip" like ranch or bleu cheese, and desserts that involve fruits other than strawberrys. But I'm not picky at all, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment